Who are we?
The information we may collect from you
Data that we gather about you may include your name, address, phone number, email address, IP address and any other unique means of ID. We may also obtain information about you from third parties, such as service providers and agents. We gather data directly from you and also via our website and communication systems.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our websites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services including, for example, name, business address, job title, job function, email address, telephone number, demographic information and/or other information that may identify you as an individual.
- We may also ask you for information when you sign-up for email newsletters and when you report a problem with our websites. You can choose not to provide us with some of this information, but doing so may affect your ability to use our websites and our services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Subject to your expressed preferences to send you marketing information about our services which may be of interest to you by post, telephone, email, or other means. You have the right to “opt in” and “opt out” of certain uses of your personal data for these purposes.
- Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP & Cookies
When you use our website, we may gather information about you for statistical purposes, through internet access logs and cookies. ‘Cookies’ are text files used to track website usage and monitor website activity. A cookie does not contain information that allows us to identify an individual user. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our websites.
In general, there are 4 different type of Cookies used by Websites: Necessary, Preferential, Statistical and Marketing. We use Necessary, Preferential and Statistical. You can control how your browser handles cookies received from a website. We do not allow third-party companies to serve ads when you visit The Leinster Group website.
You can choose to refuse all cookies, or to be prompted before a cookie is saved to your hard drive, or to only accept cookies from certain website that you designate. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. By refusing to accept cookies from us, you may not be able to use some of the features and functionality available on our websites.
Storage of your personal data
The data that we collect from you while using our Website may be transferred to, and stored at, or processed from a destination outside the European Economic Area where the laws applicable to your personal data offer the same level of protection, in particular but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter and Google as 3rd parties, however we do not accept responsibility on how these companies use that data when we are not in a position to control it.
While we take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect the security and integrity of personal data provided to our website, due to the inherent nature of the internet as an open global communications platform, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
We may use third-party partners, carefully selected by us, to help operate our websites and deliver our services, and may share your information with our service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through these websites or for our business (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, research, analytics and customer experience and survey companies, distribution companies, fulfilment companies, marketing and promotional companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose and exchange relative data with our service providers, representatives and agents as well as with law enforcement and regulatory bodies. Information may be held at our offices and those of our service providers, representatives and agents. Data may be transferred to other countries around the world, (including those without data protection laws equivalent to those in the European Union), where deemed necessary for our normal processing activities.
The Leinster Group will only keep data for as long as is reasonable, based on the nature of the data and the reason for processing. We have security measures in place, to seek to ensure that adequate safeguards are adopted to protect the data that we hold.
We consider carefully your personal data rights. If you have any concerns whatsoever, please contact our customer support team at:
Leinster Shipping Group
27 Fitzwilliam Square,
Dublin 2, Ireland.
Ph: +353 1 676 1626